Westwood Community Council Meeting
A G E N D A Tuesday, May 16, 2017 ▪ 7:00 p.m.
Belmont Village Westwood ▪ Town Hall community room (ground floor)
10475 Wilshire Boulevard ▪ Westwood ▪ Los Angeles, CA 90024
1. Call to Order: Steve Sann, Chair
2. Reading of the WCC’s Mission Statement: John Heidt, Board Member, Westwood Homeowners Association and Chairman of Board of Trustees, Westwood United Methodist Church
3. Welcome and Introductions of Board members, guests, and members of the public
4. Certification of Quorum
5. Consideration of the Agenda (Note: items may not be heard in the order listed below.)
6. Special Presentation by James R. Brooks, President, Topa Management Company; Vice Chair, Westwood Village Improvement Association (WVIA); and Chair, WVIA Clean Safe & Beautiful Committee: Overview of Topa’s Westwood Village portfolio, leasing strategy, current plans, and future vision; Q&A to follow.
7. Reports from Government and Public Agency Liaisons (3-5 minutes per report)
A. LAPD West Los Angeles Community Police Station: Christopher Ragsdale, LAPD Senior Lead Officer
B. Office of Congressman Ted Lieu: Janet Turner, Field Representative & Constituent Services i. Update on U.S. Mail Service issues in Westwood community and fire damage at Village Station
C. Office of Councilmember Paul Koretz: Jasmine Shamolian, Westwood Field Deputy
D. Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti: Daniel Tamm, Westside Area Representative/Chief Service Officer E. UCLA Government and Community Relations: Carmen Healey, Assistant Director
8. Announcements and Concerns from Board Members A. Upcoming public hearings, meetings, and other events of interest (Information only, no action; see calendar of meetings, public hearings, and events of interest at end of this Agenda). B. Other Announcements or Concerns from Board Members
9. Reports from Standing and Ad-Hoc Committees/Liaisons
10. Old Business – Update on demolition of 28th Church of Christ, Scientist – John Heidt and Steve Sann
11. New Business A. Westwood Village Farmers’ Market and effort by Westwood BID to remove and replace Market Manager Emmanuel Bautista – Steve Sann B. Passenger Loading issue and DOT signage on Westwood Boulevard south of Wilshire – David Hekmat
12. General Public Comment (on non-agendized topics of interest to the public, within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC) (10 minutes maximum, 2 minute per speaker)
13. Next Regular WCC Meeting: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 7:00 p.m., Belmont Village Westwood, Town Hall community room, 10475 Wilshire Boulevard
14. Motion to Adjourn
In accordance with its Bylaws, the Westwood Community Council (WCC) shall provide an opportunity in open meetings for the public to address items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC. Individual testimony within the Public Comment period shall be limited to two (2) minutes per person and up to ten (10) minutes per subject. However, the WCC Chair has the discretion to modify the time allotted on each subject, to each speaker, and the number of speakers per subject. Items may be called in any order at the discretion of the WCC Chair. EVERY PERSON WISHING TO ADDRESS THE BOARD DURING THE MEETING MUST COMPLETE A SPEAKER’S CARD AND SUBMIT IT TO THE CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL. The agenda is posted for public review at the Westwood Branch Public Library, 1246 Glendon Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024, and at http://www.westwoodcommunitycouncil.org online. Belmont Village Westwood provides free covered self-parking in its underground garage, accessed from the driveway at 10475 Wilshire Boulevard, and also is accessible via public transportation by all bus lines serving Wilshire Boulevard. Belmont Village Westwood, including its Town Hall Community Room, is an ADA accessible facility.