Westwood Community Council Meeting
A G E N D A
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 ▪ _7:00 p.m.
Call in: (669) 900-9128 ▪ _Meeting ID: 748 234 5507 ▪ _Password: 455451
Join the Zoom Meeting by using this Link:
(Note: To join the Zoom video, you must download the Zoom App prior to the meeting.)
To join the Zoom meeting by telephone, please use one of the following Dial-in Numbers:
(669) 900-9128 US (San Jose) ▪ _(346) 248-7799 US (Houston) ▪ _(312) 626-6799 US (Chicago)
(646) 558-8656 US (New York) ▪ _(253) 215-8782 US (Tacoma) ▪ _(301) 715-8592 US (Maryland)
For more information about the Westwood Community Council (WCC) please visit: http://www.westwoodcommunitycouncil.org
1. Call to Order and Reading of WCC Mission Statement: Steve Sann, Chair
2. Welcome and Introductions of Board members, guests, and members of the public
3. Certification of Quorum
4. Consideration of the Agenda (Note: items may not be heard in the order listed below.)
5. Reports from Government and Public Agency Liaisons (subject to availability) (3-5 minutes per report)
A. LAPD West L.A. Community Police Station: Officer Pete Ojeda, Westwood Senior Lead Officer
B. Office of Congressman Ted Lieu: Janet Turner, Senior Field Representative & Constituent Services
C. Office of Assemblymember Sydney Kamlager: Jamie Kennerk, Field Representative
D. Office of County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl: Fernando R. Morales, District Director, Metro/West L.A.
E. Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti: Tanaz Golshan, Senior Area Representative, West Valley & West L.A.
F. Office of Councilmember Paul Koretz: Jasmine Shamolian, Westwood Field & Policy Deputy
G. UCLA Government and Community Relations: Carmen Healey, Assistant Director
6. Special Presentation from the Los Angeles Department of City Planning and possible motion on proposed amendments to the Westwood Village Specific Plan related to food use definitions, numerical limitations on food uses, parking requirements, and location of parking: Zuriel Espinosa, City Planning Associate
7. Announcements and Concerns from Board Members
A. Upcoming public hearings, meetings, and other events of interest (Information only, no action).
8. Reports from Standing and Ad-Hoc Committees/Liaisons
9. Old Business
10. New Business
11. General Public Comment (on non-agendized topics of interest to the public, within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC) (10 minutes maximum, 2 minute per speaker)
12. Next Regular WCC Meeting: Tuesday, July 21, 7:00 p.m., Location TBA (may be Zoom Teleconference Meeting)
13. Motion to Adjourn
*Public Meetings by Teleconference are permitted per State of California Executive Order N-29-20.
In accordance with its Bylaws, the Westwood Community Council (WCC) shall provide an opportunity in open meetings for the public to address items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC. Individual testimony within the Public Comment period shall be limited to two (2) minutes per person and up to ten (10) minutes per subject. However, the WCC Chair has the discretion to modify the time allotted on each subject, to each speaker, and the number of speakers per subject. Items may be called in any order at the discretion of the WCC Chair. EVERY PERSON WISHING TO ADDRESS THE BOARD MUST NOTIFY THE CHAIR VERBALLY OR BY USING THE ZOOM NOTIFICATION BUTTON, AT THE TIME THAT PUBLIC COMMENTS ARE CALLED FOR. This agenda is posted for public review at http://www.westwoodcommunitycouncil.org online.