Westwood Community Council Meeting
A G E N D A
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 ▪ 7:00 p.m.
Belmont Village Westwood ▪ Town Hall community room (ground floor)
10475 Wilshire Boulevard ▪ Westwood ▪ Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Call to Order: Steve Sann, Chair
- Reading of the WCC’s Mission Statement: Sandy Brown, President, Holmby-Westwood Property Owners Association
- Welcome and Introductions of Board members, guests, and members of the public
- Certification of Quorum
- Consideration of the Agenda (Note: items below may not be heard in the order listed.)
- Adoption of Minutes – Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Special Roundtable Discussion and Q&A with Fifth District Los Angeles City Councilmember Paul Koretz: discussing his vision and plans for Westwood, and issues facing our Westwood community (joined by Faisal Alserri, Senior Planning Deputy) – (suggested time: 45-50 minutes)
- Reports from Government and Public Agency Liaisons (3-5 minutes per report)
- LAPD West Los Angeles Community Police Station: Christopher Ragsdale, LAPD Senior Lead Officer
- Office of Congressman Ted Lieu: Janet Turner, Field Representative & Constituent Services
- Office of California Senator Ben Allen: David Lorango, Ambassador
- Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti: Daniel Tamm, Westside Area Representative/Chief Service Officer
- UCLA Government and Community Relations: Carmen Healey, Assistant Director
- Westwood Village Improvement Association: Distribution of 2016 Annual Report
- Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer’s Report: Jerry Brown, Treasurer/CFO
- Announcements and Concerns from Board Members
- Upcoming public hearings, meetings, and other events of interest (information only, no action):
- Westside Regional Alliance of Councils (WRAC) Board: Wednesday, November 16, 8:30 a.m. (third Wednesday every month); Lenny’s Deli, 2379 Westwood Boulevard
- Westwood Community Design Review Board (DRB): Wednesday, November 16, 6:00 p.m. (first and third Wednesday every month); Belmont Village Westwood, Town Hall; 10475 Wilshire Blvd.
- Westwood Village Improvement Association Board (WVIA) (Business Improvement District): Thurs., November 17, 8:30 a.m. (third Thurs. every month); Skylight Gardens, 1139 Glendon Ave.
- Friends of Westwood Library Quarterly Used Book Sale: Saturday, December 3, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; Westwood Branch Public Library, 1246 Glendon Ave. (book donations are most welcome!)
- Quarterly “Concert at Westwood Library”: Sunday, December 4, 2:30 p.m. featuring Fiato String Quartet with Claire Brazeau, principal oboe of L.A. Chamber Orchestra, and post-show reception hosted by Fresh Corn Grill and Diddy Riese; Westwood Branch Public Library; 1246 Glendon Ave.
- UCLA Fall Quarter Final Exam Week: Monday-Friday, December 5-9
- West L.A. Chamber “First Wednesday Breakfast” with California State Treasurer John Chiang: Wednesday, December 7, 7:00-9:00 a.m.; Olympic Collection, 11301 West Olympic Boulevard
- Westwood Community Design Review Board (DRB): Wednesday, December 7, 6:00 p.m. (first and third Wednesday every month); Belmont Village Westwood, Town Hall; 10475 Wilshire Blvd.
- Westwood Neighborhood Council (WWNC): Wednesday, December 14, 7:00 p.m. (second Wednesday every month); Westwood Presbyterian Church, Hoffman Hall, 10822 Wilshire Blvd.
- MEETING CANCELLED: Westwood Village Improvement Association Board (WVIA) (Business Improvement District): Thursday, December 15, 8:30 a.m. (third Thursday every month)
- MEETING CANCELLED: Westside Regional Alliance of Councils (WRAC) Board: Wednesday, December 21, 8:30 a.m. (third Wednesday every month); Lenny’s Deli, 2379 Westwood Boulevard
- 2017 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count, SPA 5 (West Los Angeles): Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 9:30 p.m.; meet at Westwood Presbyterian Church, Hoffman Hall, 10822 Wilshire Boulevard (free parking at church); sign up to volunteer at: http://www.theycountwillyou.org
- Other Announcements or Concerns from Board Members
- Westwood BID Ad Hoc Committee on Westwood Village Specific Plan: Meetings to begin January 2017; interested WCC members can volunteer at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6S3XCNV.
- 2017 WCC Officer Elections: will take place at January 17, 2017 WCC meeting
- Reports from Standing and Ad-Hoc Committees/Liaisons
- Old Business – None
- New Business
- 2017 Homeless Count: Motion – that the Westwood Community Council agrees to co-sponsor the 2017 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count in the Westwood Community Plan Area, in partnership with the Westwood Neighborhood Council, on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 beginning at 9:30 p.m., at Westwood Presbyterian Church – Steve Sann
- ONE Village, ONE Voice, ONE Hope, ONE Nation, ONE World: Possible Westwood Community-wide Sing event on Broxton Avenue; proposed for after Thanksgiving and before UCLA Final Exams, co-sponsored by other Westwood, UCLA, Arts, Faith-based, Student, and City organizations – Steve Sann
- General Public Comment (on non-agendized topics of interest to the public, within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC) (10 minutes maximum, 2 minute per speaker)
- Next Regular WCC Meeting: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 7:00 p.m., Belmont Village Westwood, Town Hall community room, 10475 Wilshire Boulevard
- Motion to Adjourn
In accordance with its Bylaws, the Westwood Community Council (WCC) shall provide an opportunity in open meetings for the public to address items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC. Individual testimony within the Public Comment period shall be limited to two (2) minutes per person and up to ten (10) minutes per subject. However, the WCC Chair has the discretion to modify the time allotted on each subject, to each speaker, and the number of speakers per subject. Items may be called in any order at the discretion of the WCC Chair. EVERY PERSON WISHING TO ADDRESS THE BOARD DURING THE MEETING MUST COMPLETE A SPEAKER’S CARD AND SUBMIT IT TO THE CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL. The agenda is posted for public review at the Westwood Branch Public Library, 1246 Glendon Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024, and at http://www.westwoodcommunitycouncil.org online. Belmont Village Westwood provides free covered self-parking in its underground garage, accessed from the driveway at 10475 Wilshire Boulevard, and also is accessible via public transportation by all bus lines serving Wilshire Boulevard. Belmont Village Westwood, including its Town Hall Community Room, is an ADA accessible facility.
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and…
…a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, Prosperous, Joyous, and A MORE HOPEFUL New Year!
Thank you for your continued service to our Westwood community…
…SEE YOU IN 2017!