WESTWOOD COMMUNITY COUNCIL
RESOLUTION ON WESTWOOD PARK, AYSO ARTIFICIAL TURF SOCCER FIELD, AND EQUITABLE ALLOCATION OF QUIMBY FUNDS FOR NEEDED CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS OF EXISITNG PARK ASSETS
MAY 28, 2013
Agenda Item #13-B
RESOLUTION URGING LOS ANGELES CITY DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION AND PARKS AND FIFTH DISTRICT COUNCIL OFFICE TO DIVIDE QUIMBY FUNDS ALLOCATED FOR THE WESTWOOD PARK EQUALLY BETWEEN URGENT AND NECESSARY NEEDS FOR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS OF EXISTING PARK ASSETS AND THE PLANNED AYSO ARTIFICIAL TURF SOCCER FIELD
Whereas Westwood Park presently is in desperate need of capital improvements on the following park assets:
1. Bathrooms on the east side of the park.
2. Sculpture and fence surroundings at the Veteran Avenue side of the park.
3. Tennis courts resurfacing to bring it back up to professional standards.
4. Restoration all drinking fountains to working order.
5. Restoration of warped concrete picnic platforms.
6. Resurfacing of warped and cracked asphalt walk ways.
7. Leveling of the decomposed granite sidewalk along Veteran Avenue.
Now, therefore the Westwood Community Council urges the Los Angeles City Department of Recreation and Parks and the Fifth District Council Office to:
A. Establish a Master Plan, including project budgets and timetable, that addresses all of the needs of Westwood Park in its present condition, and not only as to the planned the AYSO Artificial Turf Soccer Field.
B. To divide all Quimby funds allocated for the Westwood Park equally, on a 50-50 basis, between the planned AYSO Artificial Turf Soccer Field and the capital improvements of all the other needs.
C. To build the planned AYSO Artificial Turf Soccer Field concurrent with the other Quimby funded capital improvements.
Motion proposed by Wolfgang Veith