Westwood Community Council Board Meeting
A G E N D A
Tuesday, May 16, 2023 ▪ 7:00 p.m.
Belmont Village Westwood ▪ Town Hall (Ground Floor/P1)
10475 Wilshire Boulevard ▪ Westwood ▪ Los Angeles, CA 90024
For more information about the Westwood Community Council (WCC), please visit http://www.westwoodcommunitycouncil.org
1. Call to Order: Steven Sann, Chair.
2. Reading of the WCC’s Mission Statement: Wolfgang Veith, North Westwood Village Residents Association.
3. Welcome and Introductions of Board members, guests, and members of the public.
4. Certification of Quorum.
5. Consideration of the Agenda. (Note: items may not be heard in the order listed below.)
6. Reports from Government & Public Agency Liaisons (Note: not all will be reporting at each meeting.)
A. LAPD West Los Angeles Community Police Station: Officer James Allen, LAPD Senior Lead Officer.
B. Office of Councilwomen Katy Yaroslavsky (CD 5): Patricia Macias, Westwood Field Deputy.
C. UCLA Government & Community Relations: Karen McClain, Senior Director – Strategic Initiatives.
D. Office of Congressman Ted Lieu (CA 36): Janet Turner, Deputy District Director – Outreach.
E. Office of Congressman Brad Sherman (CA 32): Taleen Keuroghlian, Field Representative.
F. Office of County Supervisor Lindsey Horvath (SD 3): Zach Gaidzik, West/Metro L.A. Field Deputy.
G. Office of Mayor Karen Bass: Westside Area Representative TBD.
H. Office of Senator Ben Allen (SD 24): Rad Nowroozi, District Representative.
I. Office of Assemblymember Rick Chavez Zbur (AD 51): Hannah Wenger, District Representative.
J. Office of Assemblymember Jacqui Irwin (AD 42): Skylar Payab, Field Representative.
7. Announcements and/or Concerns from Board Members.
A. Upcoming public hearings, meetings, and other events of interest (Information only, no action; see calendar of meetings, public hearings, and events of interest at end of this agenda).
B. 2023 Voluntary Dues Reminder: Voluntary dues contributions may be sent to Treasurer Jerry Brown.
8. Reports from WCC Standing Committees, Ad-Hoc Committees, and Organizational Liaisons
A. Report on “An Evening with Congressman Ted Lieu” – Sandy Brown
B. Upcoming WRAC Board Member Breakfasts and Roundtables with Los Angeles County Supervisor Lindsey Horvath, Los Angeles City Attorney Hydee Feldstein Soto, and Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass – call for written questions to submit to these elected officials – Steve Sann
9. Special Presentation, Discussion, and Q&A with David Karwaski, Director of Mobility Planning and Traffic Systems, UCLA Transportation Planning: Presentation and discussion of Westwood Bus Study including alternative concepts for possibly relocating/redistributing selected bus routes in Westwood Village, alternative locations for proposed new centralized “Bus Hub” on UCLA Lot 36, and possible overlay with Westwood Bike Study of alternative concepts for possible bike lane in Westwood Village, with the ultimate objective of developing community consensus for a comprehensive Mobility Plan for Westwood Village integrating the future Westwood/UCLA Station for Metro’s Purple “D” Line Wilshire Subway, with bus routes, traffic lanes, bike lane, emergency access, scooters, on-street parking, and improved sidewalks and public street amenities to enhance the pedestrian and mobility experience in Westwood Village.
10. Consent Calendar: None.
11. Old Business: None.
12. New Business: None.
13. General Public Comment (on non-agendized topics of interest to the public, within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC) (10 minutes maximum, 2 minute per speaker).
14. Next Regular WCC Meeting: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 7:00 p.m., Belmont Village Westwood, Town Hall, 10475 Wilshire Boulevard (third Tuesday every other month).
15. Motion to Adjourn.
*UPDATED COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AT BELMONT VILLAGE WESTWOOD: As of December 2022, proof of vaccination is no longer required for entry to Belmont Village. As of March 2023, masks are no longer required in Belmont Village for fully vaccinated individuals. Masks may continue to be worn as a personal option.
PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY: In accordance with its Bylaws, the Westwood Community Council (WCC) shall provide an opportunity in open meetings for members of the public to address the WCC on agenda items at the time the respective item is considered. Individual testimony on agenda items shall be limited to two (2) minutes per person. Public comments on all other non-agendized topics of interest to the public which are within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC shall be made during the General Public Comment period, and shall be limited to two (2) minutes per person and up to ten (10) minutes per subject. However the WCC Chair has the discretion to modify the time allotted for each agenda item and each speaker depending on the number of speaker request cards received and the time available for each agenda item and each non-agendized topic. Items may be called in any order at the discretion of the Chair. EVERY PERSON WISHING TO ADDRESS THE WESTWOOD COMMUNITY COUNCIL (WCC) ON ANY AGENDA ITEM MUST COMPLETE A SPEAKER’S REQUEST CARD AND SUBMIT IT TO THE WCC CHAIR PRIOR TO THE WCC’S CONSIDERATION OF THAT ITEM.