The Special Meeting announced for Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 7:00 p.m. has been CANCELED and RESCHEDULED. The new date is Thursday, October 29, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. This will be a Zoom Teleconference meeting.
Guests will include Councilmember Paul Koretz and UCLA Graduate Student Sam Siegal, reporting on his study of preservation of Westwood Village.
*Public Meetings by Teleconference are permitted per State of California Executive Order N-29-20.
In accordance with its Bylaws, the Westwood Community Council (WCC) shall provide an opportunity in open meetings for the public to address items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter and jurisdiction of the WCC. Individual testimony within the Public Comment period shall be limited to two (2) minutes per person and up to ten (10) minutes per subject. However, the WCC Chair has the discretion to modify the time allotted on each subject, to each speaker, and the number of speakers per subject. Items may be called in any order at the discretion of the WCC Chair. EVERY PERSON WISHING TO ADDRESS THE BOARD MUST NOTIFY THE CHAIR VERBALLY OR BY USING THE ZOOM NOTIFICATION BUTTON, AT THE TIME THAT PUBLIC COMMENTS ARE CALLED FOR. This agenda is posted for public review at http://www.westwoodcommunitycouncil.org online.
The next meeting of the WCC Board will take place at 7 p.m., July 16, 2019, in the Community Room of Belmont Village Westwood, 10475 Wilshire Blvd. The meeting will include a presentation on Metro’s proposed Sepulveda Corridor Transit Project by Renée Fortier, Executive Director of UCLA Events & Transportation, and Dave Karwaski, Director of UCLA Mobility Planning & Traffic Systems.
1. Le Conte-Gayley Mixed Use Project (10970 Le Conte Ave.)
Currently before Westwood DRB (9/13/13)
2. Weyburn Terrace (11000 Weyburn Dr) UCLA graduate student housing
3. ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen (10959 Broxton Ave.) Under construction
4. Gayley-Kinross Mixed Use Project (10955-10959 Gayley Ave.) Renovation of three-building complex and restoration of historic building facade. Expected completion fall 2014.
5. Shepard Mitchell Building Historic Renovation (1108-1144 Gayley Ave), DRB approved, Expected completion fall 2014.
6. Lindbrook-Gayley Mixed Use Project (10917-10925 Lindbrook/ll08-ll14 Gayley) Under construction.
7. The Gayley at Wilshire (10955 Wilshire Blvd.) R.M.Stern designed 29-story hotel or condominium, fully entitled.
8. Majestic Crest Theater (1261 Westwood Blvd.) Historic cinema reopened May 2013.
9. iPic Theater Westwood (10840 Wilahire Blvd.) Under construction. Expected to open early 2014.
10. Plaza la Reina (10844 Lindbrook Dr.) Luxury extended stay hotel under construction. Expected completion July 2014.
11. The Boiling Crab (1097 Glendon Ave.) Seafood restaurant. Approvals in process. Expected completion early 2014.
12. Holmby Hall Seismic Upgrade and Interior Improvements (901-951 Westwood Blvd./10902-10914 Le Conte Ave,/10901-10909 Weyburn Ave.)Seisimic upgrade and improvements of historic structure. In planning.
13. Broxton-LeConte Mixed-Use Project (corner of Broxton and LeConte) Mixed Use. Planning stages.