UCLA’s new Administrative Vice Chancellor, Michael J. Beck, and Housing Director Peter Angelis, will be featured speakers at the July 17 meeting of the Westwood Community Council Board of Directors. They are expected to address a wide range of topics including Planning for the Olympic Games, housing needs related to increasing enrollments, and the challenges of operating a campus with a daily population larger than many small cities. The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the Community Room of Belmont Village Westwood, 10475 Wilshire Blvd. 90024. Parking is available under the building.
1. Le Conte-Gayley Mixed Use Project (10970 Le Conte Ave.)
Currently before Westwood DRB (9/13/13)
2. Weyburn Terrace (11000 Weyburn Dr) UCLA graduate student housing
3. ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen (10959 Broxton Ave.) Under construction
4. Gayley-Kinross Mixed Use Project (10955-10959 Gayley Ave.) Renovation of three-building complex and restoration of historic building facade. Expected completion fall 2014.
5. Shepard Mitchell Building Historic Renovation (1108-1144 Gayley Ave), DRB approved, Expected completion fall 2014.
6. Lindbrook-Gayley Mixed Use Project (10917-10925 Lindbrook/ll08-ll14 Gayley) Under construction.
7. The Gayley at Wilshire (10955 Wilshire Blvd.) R.M.Stern designed 29-story hotel or condominium, fully entitled.
8. Majestic Crest Theater (1261 Westwood Blvd.) Historic cinema reopened May 2013.
9. iPic Theater Westwood (10840 Wilahire Blvd.) Under construction. Expected to open early 2014.
10. Plaza la Reina (10844 Lindbrook Dr.) Luxury extended stay hotel under construction. Expected completion July 2014.
11. The Boiling Crab (1097 Glendon Ave.) Seafood restaurant. Approvals in process. Expected completion early 2014.
12. Holmby Hall Seismic Upgrade and Interior Improvements (901-951 Westwood Blvd./10902-10914 Le Conte Ave,/10901-10909 Weyburn Ave.)Seisimic upgrade and improvements of historic structure. In planning.
13. Broxton-LeConte Mixed-Use Project (corner of Broxton and LeConte) Mixed Use. Planning stages.